Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software

Telephone: number 01621 734555

ABTA & ATOL logos

Coronavirus update: Please bear with us whilst we work through bookings in date of travel order. We will be in touch with you at the earliest opportunity .

We book the best priced flights available at the time of booking which means prices can fluctuate, both up and down.

Free Nights

All the free nights advertised throughout this website have to be completed within the date bands shown.

  • View from St Peter Port
  • Vazon Bay
  • Spring in Guernsey

Passport and ID requirements for Guernsey

Guernsey is included in the Common Travel Area (CTA) which comprises of the UK, the Bailiwick of Guernsey (Guernsey, Alderney, Herm and Sark), the Bailiwick of Jersey, the Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland. Within this area there is no requirement to carry a passport as there are no immigration controls in place.

Photo ID required

Although a passport isn’t needed, you will need a form of photographic identity for air and sea travel. This can include a:

  • Full/Provisional new style driving licence
  • Photographic disabled badge
  • Student ID card
  • Armed forces ID card
  • Firearms certificate
  • Citizen card

Driving in Guernsey

Don’t forget, if you are planning to drive whilst on holiday then you will need a full new style photographic driving licence as well as a certificate of insurance which covers driving in the Channel Islands.

Photographic ID from outside the EU

A separate visa is not necessary although it is recommended that you carry a letter from the home office explaining your current residential status.

Travel to France

You will need a passport if you plan to pop over to France.


Citizen Cards

If you do not have a passport or a valid driving licence, a Citizen Card is an acceptable form of photographic ID. Forms are available at larger Post Office branches or download them here.