Car Hire in Guernsey 2013
With Europcar, one of the Islands’ leading car rental companies!
|Car hire Guernsey
2013 prices £ per car valid Jan – Dec
and only when car hire booked in advance
|Group||Ford Model||Doors||Seats||3 days
Group A, B3, B5, C, E, BA – 21 years of age
Group G, H – 25 years of age
Any client who is 80 years of age or older at the commencement of their holiday will be required to pay an additional charge payable direct to Europcar on arrival.
CDI – Collision Damage Insurance
FEW – Full Exemption Waiver
Every effort will be made to supply preferred choice of model, but no guarantee can be given.
Collision Damage Insurance (CDI) or Full Exception Waiver (FEW) is a compulsory charge and has to be paid locally to Europcar. In the event of an accident, to avoid being responsible for all costs up to write-off value a Collision damage insurance (CDI) is payable that will reduce the excess from the write-off value of the car as below. Alternatively, instead of paying CDI you may opt for Full Exemption Waiver to reduce the excess to zero. These charges are detailed below.
Collision damage insurance (CDI) – (to be paid locally to Europcar) reduces the excess as follows:-
Groups A, B3, B5 – £9.50 per day reduces your liability to £600
Groups C, E, BA – £10.50 per day reduces your liability to £800
Groups G, H – £11.50 per day reduces your liability to £1000
Full exemption waiver (FEW) – (to be paid locally to Europcar) reduces the excess, as follows:-
Groups A, B3, B5 – £15.50 per day reduces it to zero
Groups C, E, BA – £18.50 per day reduces it to zero
Groups G, H – £21.50 per day reduces it to zero
- Cigarette burns and damage to upholstery are not covered by any of the above.
- Petrol – Approximately £8 per day charge of fuel, please note this does not need to be replaced at the end of the hire – payable direct to Europcar. No refund is made for any fuel left in the car.
- Vehicle Registration Fee @ £2 per day, payable direct to Europcar.
- Baby seats @ £3 per day, payable direct to Europcar.
- Booster seats @ £1 per day, payable direct to Europcar.
- Additional drivers £3 per day (maximum £15), payable direct to Europcar
- Collection/delivery: No charge is made for delivery to or collection from your holiday accommodation, (except where transfers to/from accommodation required – see note above regarding transfer costs). We will automatically request that the car is delivered a short time after your arrival on the Island. Where car hire is booked to commence after your first day at your resort and to terminate before your last day, the car will be delivered to and collected from your holiday accommodation at approximately 9am.
What’s included in the price
All prices for car hire in Guernsey shown above are based on airport collection/return. Should you require transfers to and/or from your accommodation, we will be pleased to arrange this for you at a charge of £5 per person each way.
- Unlimited mileage
- Airport collection/delivery
- 24-hour breakdown service
- All cars are fitted with seat belts, radio/cd and some have a sunroof or air conditioning
- Insurance includes unlimited cover of public and passenger liability, plus property damage. Cover for loss by fire and theft is also included. See Important Note to the left under ‘Additional Charges’ regarding collision damage insurance (CDI).
- NB Driving licenses: all drivers must produce a valid license, otherwise rental will be refused. Photocopies and fax copies are not acceptable. International driving licenses issued in UK are not valid in the Channel Islands.
- Drivers must be a minimum of 20 years of age and must have held a full license for at least one year.
- If you have been convicted of any driving offence within the last five years, please check with us PRIOR to booking as extra insurance premiums may be applicable.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THE CONDITIONS OF HIRE CAREFULLY PRIOR TO SIGNING FOR AND TAKING DELIVERY, OF YOUR HIRE CAR.